You can use the Expand and Collapse feature to view different levels of an outline.
- Click the paragraph handle of a paragraph at the level that you want to expand or collapse.
- If the Outlining toolbar is not already showing, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Outlining.
- On the Outlining toolbar, do one of the following:
- To expand the outline elements, click Expand, and then click a level to show all paragraphs including that level.
- To collapse the elements, click Collapse, and then click a level to hide all paragraphs including that level.
Note When you collapse a heading by clicking the paragraph handle, make sure you are using the Type/Selection Tool instead of the Pen.