When you no longer need a particular Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 notebook, you can remove it from your computer's hard drive.
Important Once a notebook has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. Consider backing up your existing notebooks before deleting them.
What do you want to do?
Delete a notebook
- In Windows Explorer, do one of the following:
In the OneNote Notebooks folder, right-click the folder whose name matches that of the notebook you want to remove, and then click Delete.
- On Windows Vista, navigate to your Documents folder.
- On Windows XP, navigate to your your My Documents folder.
Top of Page
Delete a shared notebook
If you're planning to delete a notebook that you have shared with others, be sure to give advance notice to everyone who has permission to view or edit the shared notebook or they may lose important information. As with standard notebooks that are stored on your local hard drive, shared notebooks stored in a network location cannot be recovered once they have been deleted.
- On the Navigation Bar in OneNote 2007, right-click the name of the shared notebook that you want to delete, and then click Close this Notebook.
Tip Shared notebooks have a synchronization icon shown next to their name on the Navigation Bar.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the location where your shared notebook is located (for example, on a network file share).
- Right-click the folder whose name matches that of the shared notebook you want to remove, and then click Delete.
Top of Page