Just start working
Open a OneNote 2007 file, or click File > New. Select a location, give your notebook a name, and click Create Notebook.
The tools you use most are on the Home tab. Click Insert to add screen clippings, audio, or video. Click Draw to set ink preferences and convert ink to text. Use History to manage versions of your pages, Review to check spelling, and the View tab to set sizes, and change views.
Convert a OneNote 2007 file to OneNote 2013
- Right-click the notebook tab and click Properties > Convert to 2010-2013.
Convert a OneNote 2013 file to OneNote 2007
- Right-click the notebook tab and click Properties > Convert to 2007.
Open existing files
Keep the ribbon open
- Click the push pin in the lower-right corner of the ribbon so it points downward.
History & Recycle Bin
Sharing & exporting notes
- Click File > Share, then click an option such as Move Notebook.
- Click File > Export. Choose a format and click Export.