- The feature or functionality described in this topic is available only if you have installed Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1. To learn more about the service pack and how to download it, see Service pack features in OneNote 2003.
- Select the page, note container, or word that you want to convert.
Do one of the following:
- To select a page of handwritten notes, tap or click the page tab for the active page.
- To select a note container, tap or click the top edge of the container.
- To select individual words, tap or click Type/Selection Tool on the Standard toolbar, and then drag the insertion point over the word or double-tap the word.
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Convert Handwriting to Text.
- If a word is converted incorrectly, tap or click Type/Selection Tool on the Standard toolbar, tap or click the incorrectly converted word, and then do one of the following:
- If your Tablet PC is running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, tap or click the arrow next to the alternate list symbol , and then on the shortcut menu, tap or click an alternate word.
- If your Tablet PC is running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 or later, right-click a converted word, and then on the shortcut menu, tap or click an alternate word.
Note If the correct word is not included on the shortcut menu, you must either rewrite the word, undo the conversion, or use the Tablet PC Input Panel or the keyboard to re-enter the word. If you have a keyboard available, it may be easiest to retype incorrectly converted text or press F7 to correct misspelled words.
Handwriting recognition is specific to a particular language. For information about installing system support for handwriting recognition for other languages, visit the Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Web site.