Your organization recently got Office 365, and now you need to use Office 365 so you can start reading email, sharing documents, and more. Read this article to learn how to set up and use Office 365 on your computer, phone, and tablet.
SkyDrive is now OneDrive, and SkyDrive Pro is now OneDrive for Business. Read more about this change at From SkyDrive to OneDrive
Sign in to your new Office 365 account
Sign into Office 365 with the user ID and temporary password that your admin or manager gave you. The first time you sign in, you’ll be asked to change your password.
Explore Office 365 on the web
After you sign in, you can get right to work in the Office 365 portal. Your account is already up and running.
Use Office 365 on your phone or tablet
You can use Office 365 with many phones, tablets, and other mobile devices—including Windows Phones, iPhones, BlackBerry® devices, and Android devices. Depending on your mobile device, you can use email, share documents, and more.
To see setup instructions for your device, at the top of the page in Office 365, click Settings > Office 365 settings> Get started > Phone & tablet. Then, select your phone or tablet.
Read more: Set up and use Office 365 on your phone or tablet
Install software like Office or Lync
Office 365 is online, so you can access it from almost anywhere, but it also works with software that you install on your computer:
- You probably already use Office desktop programs like Word and Excel. Office works with Office 365 (and some plans of Office 365 include a subscription to the latest version of Office).
- Office 365 includes Lync for IM, Lync meetings, and video conferences.
- Office 365 works with a PC or a Mac.
Use Word, Excel, and other Office programs
- At the top of the page in Office 365, click Sites or OneDrive. Both SharePoint team sites and OneDrive for Business let you access and share documents, including documents from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access.
- Anyone can use Office Online, which include Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, and OneNote Online. To make a new document, click OneDrive at the top of the page, and then click New document.
- See Install software like Office or Lync for details on how to set up Office desktop programs and use them with Office 365.
Find answers to your questions
If you have a problem with Office 365, ask an Office 365 admin in your organization for help. (If you aren’t sure who your admins are, ask around. They’re probably the people who sent you information about how to sign in to Office 365.) If an admin isn’t available, take a look at these resources.
Top of Page