If you start to run out of storage for your SharePoint Online site collections, you can add storage to your Office 365 subscription if your plan is eligible.
You can find out if you are approaching your storage limits in one of two ways:
- Go to Admin > SharePoint > Site collections
- Sign up for an email alert when you set your storage quota (Admin > SharePoint > Site collections > Storage Quota > Send e-mail to)
Then you can add or remove storage space for your subscription.
To add storage space to your subscription
- Click Admin > Office 365 > Licensing (or Manage and purchase licenses) > Subscription name.
- On the Subscription details page, beside Optional add-ons, click Add more or Change quantity.
Note If you don’t see Optional add-ons on the Subscription details page:
- You may not have purchased any add-ons yet To purchase the SharePoint Online Storage or SharePoint Online Storage for Small Business add-on, beside the number of user licenses, click Add more or Change quantity. You will then be able to complete the rest of these steps.
- You may be using a trial subscription Storage space add-ons are not available for trial subscriptions.
- Your subscription may not be eligible for storage add-ons Check the eligibility list.
- In the Add licenses wizard, under Optional add-ons, enter the amount of storage you want to add in the box. The amount of overall available storage for your subscription will be increased by the amount you enter.
- Click Add licenses.
- Review the details of your order, and then click Place order.
To remove storage space from your subscription
You can remove storage space from your subscription:
- By calling billing support if you pay for your subscription yearly, or have Office 365 Enterprise or Office 365 Midsize Business.
- By using the Change quantity option if you have Office 365 Small Business and you pay month-to-month.
For more information, see Change site collection storage and server resource quotas.
Is my plan eligible for SharePoint Online storage?
SharePoint Online storage is available for the following subscriptions:
- Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Office 365 Enterprise E2
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 for Symphony
- Office 365 Enterprise E4
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office Online with SharePoint Plan 1
- Office Online with SharePoint Plan 2
- SharePoint Online (Plan 1)
- SharePoint Online (Plan 2)
SharePoint Online Storage for Small Business is available for the following subscriptions:
- Office 365 (Plan P1)
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
- Office 365 Small Business