You can cancel your Office 365 subscription:
You can’t cancel a trial subscription. Subscriptions purchased with a product key can be cancelled, but are not eligible for a refund. For more information, see different cancellation methods.
After your subscription is canceled, if you change your mind, you can reinstate your subscription within 90 days by calling Support.
Important If you canceled using expedited deprovisioning, your data will be deleted within 3 days. Expedited deprovisioning allows you to cancel your subscription and delete all of the data associated with it without waiting the usual 90 days for your data to be deleted from the system. To use expedited deprovisioning, call Support.
Want to tell us why you are canceling? We’re sorry to see you go, and we’d like to know more. At the bottom of this article, please click Not what I was looking for to tell us more about why you are canceling your subscription.
Cancel at the end of your term
You can cancel at the end of your term by turning off auto-renew:
- Sign in to the Subscriptions page to manage your subscription (or go to Admin > Licensing or Manage and purchase licenses).
- On the Subscriptions page, click a subscription, and then click Turn auto-renew off.
At the end of your term, the subscription will expire and you will no longer be billed.
- Office 365 Midsize Business or Office 365 Enterprise Your term is for one year.
- Office 365 Small Business Your term is either for one year or month to month.
If you bought your subscription through the Open or FPP channels, it will already expire at the end of your term and you don't need to cancel in another way.
Cancel before the end of your term
Note If you cancel before the end of your term, you may be subject to early cancellation fees.
- Remove domains
|If you added your own domain name to use with Office 365, you have to remove the domain. Any DNS records you created that point to Office 365 also have to be updated. For example, you have to change the Name Server (NS) record at your registrar to a different server. (Your registrar typically provides the server name for this record.)
- Save your data
You lose access to your Office 365 data when your cancellation becomes effective, so save your files to another location before you go. Any data that you leave behind is permanently deleted 90 days after cancellation.
For Office 365 Small Business, you can cancel in the Office 365 admin portal.
- Sign in to the Licenses page to manage your subscription (or go to Admin > Manage and purchase licenses).
- On the Licenses page, choose the name of your plan.
- On the Subscription details page, choose Cancel this subscription, and then follow the instructions.
For Office 365 Enterprise or Office 365 Midsize Business, or if you do not see a Cancel option on the Subscription details page, you need to call Support.
When you call support, to help protect your privacy, we ask you to provide the following information regarding your account:
- The user ID you use to sign in to Office 365
- The phone number associated with your account
- The first and last name of the primary contact for your organization
- The name of your organization as it shows on your Office 365 account
- The complete street address of your organization
The person calling to cancel must be listed as an admin on your Office 365 account.
Subscriptions with different cancellation methods
You cancel the following subscription types in different ways:
- Trial subscriptions. You can’t cancel a trial subscription. It automatically expires at the end of the trial period and all data is permanently deleted.
- Product key subscriptions can be canceled but not refunded. If you purchased your subscription with an Office 365 product key, you can cancel this subscription through Microsoft by calling Support. However, you can’t get a refund from Microsoft. You can check with the partner you purchased it from to find out if they will refund your purchase.