A gadget is a stand-alone application that you can add to your webpage to make it look more dynamic. Gadgets include videos, blogs, maps, stock tickers, and slide shows.
A wide variety of gadgets is available to you. They are a fast and easy way to include meaningful content on your webpage. For example, you can insert the Slide Show gadget to present a visual showcase of your products on your website. Most gadgets are easy to use and do not require any knowledge of code or programming.
In this topic
Insert a gadget in a webpage
Gadgets are available from the Insert tab when you have a webpage open for editing, as shown here.
The most frequently used gadgets are available to add directly from the ribbon.
To see a list of all available gadgets, click More Gadgets
on the ribbon.
To insert a gadget in a public-facing webpage, follow these steps:
- Open the website in your browser, and then click Member Login on the home page.
- On the top-navigation bar in the SharePoint site, click Website.
- In the website, click Web Pages on the Quick Launch.
- Click the Pages tab on the ribbon.
- Select the check box next to the webpage where you want to insert a gadget, and then click Edit on the ribbon.
- In the webpage, click to locate the cursor where you want to insert the gadget.
- Click the Insert tab and then, in the Gadgets group, click the gadget that you want to add. If you do not see the gadget that you want, click More Gadgets.
- Depending on the gadget that you selected, a dialog box might appear where you can enter additional information.
Top of Page
The following table lists the available gadgets.
|Map & Directions
||Add a map and directions from Bing Maps for a specified address.
||Add custom HTML code (including hyperlinks) to an image, a webpage, a document, or an email address.
||Embed a video from Bing Video or any other video-hosting service provider in your webpage.
||Create a slide show album in your webpage. You can include up to 50 images in each slide show. You can specify the length of time that each image appears in the slide show, or you can let visitors move through the pictures at their own pace.
||If you sell products or services on your site, you can use PayPal gadgets to set up an online payment processing solution.
||Add a Contact Us gadget to a webpage to enable site visitors to communicate with your business by e-mail. You can have the e-mail sent to one address or to several addresses at the same time.
|Live Spaces blog
Add a Live Spaces blog gadget to display postings to a particular blog address.
Note You cannot insert a blog for which syndication settings are not enabled.
||Add a Stock list gadget to show the latest trading information for one or more stocks as a service to website visitors.
||Add a Weather gadget to your website to provide a weather report for a city or other geographic location.
||Add a Date modified gadget to show the date and time that the webpage was last updated.
||Add a Site information gadget to display the site’s title, slogan, or footer text anywhere in a webpage.
Top of Page