As the SharePoint Online admin, you can use the SharePoint admin center to manage licenses for apps purchased from the SharePoint Store, regardless of whether you purchased them. All apps available from the SharePoint Store have built-in licenses that SharePoint Online recognizes. An app license provides digital verification of a user’s right to use an app.
It is important to keep track of the number of licenses that are available for each app so that the number of app users does not exceed the number of available licenses. If necessary, you can buy additional licenses for an app.
From the admin center, you can also add users to an app, or delegate management of a license to someone else.
- Sign in to the Office 365 admin center with your SharePoint Online admin username and password.
- Go to Admin > SharePoint.
- Click Apps on the left, and then click Manage Licenses.
- In the list of apps, click the app you want to update or view.
- On the Manage App License page, you can review the details about the app license, such as the number of licenses available for users or the license type. You can also take a number of actions.
- Do any of the following:
|To do this:
|Assign licenses to specific users
- Under People with a License, click assign licenses, enter the name(s) of the people you want to add, and then click Add User.
|Buy more licenses
- Under People with a License, click buy, and then follow the steps to log in with your Microsoft account to buy the additional number of licenses than you want.
|Remove app licenses
- Under View a purchase, click the arrow next to Actions and then click Remove this license.
Recover app licenses
When you recover a license, you basically reacquire it from the SharePoint Store. You might need to do this if your license gets out of sync with Office.com or if you are moving the license to a new deployment (for example, in a disaster recovery scenario).
- Under View a purchase, click the arrow next to Actions, and then click Recover license.
- On the Details page for the app in the SharePoint Store, click More Actions, and then click Recover license again.
- When prompted, sign-in with your Microsoft account.
|Add a License Manager
- In the License Managers section, click add manager. Type the name(s) of the people you want to add (or click the address book icon to select people).
- When you have finished typing or selecting names, click Add Manager underneath the text box.
- If this is a free app, some of the actions in the table above will not apply.
- A user cannot grant an app permissions to do more than that user has permissions to do.
Add an app
Buy an app from the SharePoint Store
Top of Page