You can include a weather forecast gadget in your website to help keep your visitors informed. The Weather gadget displays information from MSN Weather for the area that you choose.
The gadget displays real-time information about the weather. You can insert anywhere in your website. It can be a helpful addition if your site contains content about outdoor activities.
This illustration shows an example of how the Weather gadget looks on a webpage.
Note The content and procedures in this article apply only to public-facing websites.
Insert a Weather gadget
When you insert a Weather gadget, it is added in line with the existing content.
- Open the website in your browser, and then click Member Login on the home page.
- On the top-navigation bar in the site, click Website.
- In the website, click Web Pages on the Quick Launch.
- Click the Pages tab on the ribbon.
- Select the check box next to the webpage in which you want to insert a Weather gadget, and then click Edit.
- Click to locate your cursor where you want to add a weather gadget.
- On the Insert tab, in the Gadgets group, click More Gadgets.
- On the More Gadgets menu, click Weather.
- In the text field of the Weather dialog box, type the location (such as a city, state, or ZIP/postal code) for which you want to show the weather, and then click Search.
Choose a location from the list of locations that match your query. If you do not see the location that you want in the list, search for another location nearby.
- To include a 4-day forecast, select Show the 4-day forecast.
- Indicate whether you want temperature measurements displayed in degrees Fahrenheit or in degrees Celsius.
- When you finish, click OK.
Top of Page