With Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0, you can create and use collaboration workspaces to work with colleagues on SAP business data. A collaboration workspace site includes tools that you can use to share and update contextual documents and business data, such as links to related documents and reports. You can also use Instant Messaging to communicate with co-workers. Your colleagues can contribute to shared documents by using tools such as comments and tagging. You can make changes to documents together in real-time, and communicate using instant messages with each other, as well as with your SAP contacts.
For example, with Duet Enterprise 2.0, if you find a problem with a customer order, you can create a collaboration workspace for the customer who is associated with that order. Then, in the new collaboration workspace, you can share the order information with others, such as the sales department representative and your manager. This enables you to work together efficiently to fix the problem.
To create and use collaboration workspaces requires the following:
- The Business Data Collaboration feature is activated at the site collection level. When activated, it enables users to create collaboration workspaces.
- Entity center sites are created for collaboration. An entity center site provides a root node under which all collaboration workspaces for a given entity are created. For example, you can create a Customers entity center site where a user can create a collaboration workspace for a specific customer.
- Developers have created the site templates that are used to create the collaboration workspaces.
In this article:
Activate the Business Data Collaboration feature
Note To activate the collaboration feature, you must be a site collection administrator.
To activate the collaboration feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the site collection on which you want to use the collaboration feature.
- Click the Site Settings icon.
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Collection Administration section, click Site collection features.
Note Ensure that you are on the top level Site Settings page when you perform this step. Otherwise, you must click Go to top level site settings.
- On the Site Collection Features page, in the Business Data Collaboration row, click Activate.
Create an entity center site
An entity center site provides a root node under which all collaboration workspaces for a given entity are created. You create the external list in the same site collection in which the Business Data Collaboration feature is activated. Ensure that a developer or a SharePoint administrator has created an external content type for the entity that you want to create an entity center site.
Note To create an external list, you must be a member of the site Owners group, a site collection administrator, or a member of the Farm Administrator group. You must also have the Selectable in clients permission on the external content type.
To create an entity center site, follow these steps:
- Go to the site collection where the Business Data Collaboration feature is activated.
- On the Quick Launch, click Site Contents.
- On the Site Contents page, click add an app.
- On the Your apps page, in the Apps you can add section, click External List.
- On the Adding External List dialog box, in the Name text box, type a name for the external list as you want it to appear throughout the site.
- In the Data source configuration section, click the Select External Content Type icon.
- In the External Content Type Picker dialog box, in the External Data Source column, click the entity that you want to create an entity center site for and then click OK.
- Click Create.
After the external list appears, you can edit the list the same way as any other list. For example, if you plan to use the list from multiple time zones, you can configure per-location view settings.