You can install Lync on your Windows computer, mobile device, or Macintosh.
Install Lync on your Windows computer
- First make sure Lync isn’t already installed. Go to Start > Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows 7) or Start > Office 365 (Windows 8), and look for Lync. If Lync is installed, you’re ready to go.
- If Lync isn’t installed, sign in to Office 365 at https://login.microsoftonline.com and go to > Office 365 Settings.
- Click Software > Lync.
Keep in mind:
- Lync may already be installed on your computer as part of Office 365.
- If Lync isn’t listed, contact your workplace technical support to make sure your account includes the Lync Online service.
- If the screens above don’t match what you’re seeing, you might be using Office 365 pre-upgrade. See Install Lync 2010 for Office 365 to find the information you need. For details about the service upgrade, see Am I using Office 365 after the service upgrade?
Install Lync on your mobile device
Go to your app store and search for Lync 2013. For details, see the Getting Started guide for your device at Microsoft Lync 2013 for Mobile Clients.
Install Lync on your Mac
If your organization installed Office for Mac Standard 2011 on or after October 1, 2011, then you already have Lync for Mac 2011. To make sure you have the most current version, see Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 Update.
See also: Use my current Office for Mac apps with Office 365.