For some documents, you might want a header on the first page but not on the rest. Here’s how to do that:
- Click Edit Document > Edit in Word Online if you haven’t already opened your document for editing.
- Click Insert > Header & Footer.
- In the white area that appears at the top of the document area, click Options > Different First Page.
- Type the text you want to appear on the header for the first page, and leave the header for the other pages blank.
- To resume editing your document, click the gray document area. Note that you won’t see your header or footer while editing.
- To see what your document will look like with your new header and footer, click View > Reading View.
Tip For added flair, add an image to your headers or footers.