When you print a worksheet or table without gridlines, it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish cell boundaries like in the print preview in this picture:
Printing gridlines is not supported in Excel Online but, you can mimic gridlines by applying borders, like in this picture:
- To add a border around each cell, click and drag to select cells that you want include.
- On the Home tab, click Borders > All Borders.
Tip You can tell the areas without borders from areas that have borders by the darker lines.
- For a print preview, click File > Print.
- Pick the print option you want to preview and click Print.
- If the gridlines look the way you want it in the preview, click Print.
- Click the x to close preview and return to the worksheet.
Print gridlines from the Excel desktop application
If you have the Excel desktop application, click Open in Excel, and print gridlines in a worksheet.
For news about the latest Excel Online updates, visit the Microsoft Excel blog.
For the full suite of Office applications and services, try or buy it at Office.com.