Use comment (comment: A note or annotation that is added to a document. Word displays the comment and the name of its author in a balloon in the margin of the document or as an entry in the Reviewing pane.) in your document to make suggestions to other people or to track issues for follow-up. To preserve the layout of your document, comments are displayed in balloons (balloons: In print layout view or web layout view, balloons show markup elements, such as comments and tracked changes, in the margins of your document. You can use balloons to accept or reject changes made to a document.) that appear in the margin.
Do any of the following:
Insert a comment
Delete a comment
- Select the comment that you want to delete.
- On the Review tab, under Comments, click Delete.
Tip You can also delete a comment by clicking the close button in the upper-right corner of the comment balloon.
Change the name or initials used in a comment
If you collaborate with multiple reviewers and want to avoid anonymous comments, ask your reviewers to add their names or initials by using this procedure.
- On the Word menu, click Preferences.
- Under Personal Settings, click User Information .
- In the First, Last, and Initials boxes, type the first name, last name, and initials that you want to use in your comments.
Use tracked changes