Do any of the following:
Turn off automatic resizing of text in placeholders
When you add text to a placeholder box on a slide, the text automatically resizes to fit inside the placeholder. If you do not want text to automatically change size to fit in a placeholder, you can change this setting.
- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Under Apply As You Type, clear the Autofit body text to placeholder check box.
Turn off automatic resizing of a text box
When you add a text box to a slide and then add text, the text box automatically grows or shrinks to fit the text. If you do not want the text box to automatically change size to fit around the text, you can change the setting when you add the text box.
- In the navigation pane, click the slide that you want to add a text box to.
How to select slides in the navigation pane
- On the View menu, click Normal.
- In the top of the navigation pane, click the Slides tab, and then click a slide.Depending on the width of the navigation pane, you will either see the and named tabs or the Slides and Outline icon tabs.
- On the Home tab, under Insert, click Text, and then click Text Box.
- On the slide, click the location where you want to add the text box, and then drag the sizing handle (sizing handle: A square or round handle that appears at each corner and along the sides of the rectangle that surrounds a selected object. You drag a sizing handle to resize an object.) until it is the size that you want.
- On the Format menu, click Shape.
- On the left side of the dialog box, click Text Box.
- Under Autofit, click Do not autofit.
Tip To turn off automatic resizing for all text boxes that you add to your presentation, press CONTROL as you click the text box, and then click Set as Default Text Box.
Add text to a slide
Turn off automatic changes
Add or edit automatic corrections