You can edit individual rules, delete rules, and change the order in which rules are run. Also, if you want to stop a rule from running without deleting the rule, you can turn off the rule.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules.
- In the left pane of the Rules dialog box, click the account type for the rule that you want to edit.
If you don't know what type of account you have
- In the Rules dialog box, click Show All, and then under Personal Settings, click Accounts.
- In the left pane of the Accounts dialog box, click the account.The account type appears under the account description. In this example, the account is a POP account.
- To return to the Rules dialog box, click Show All, and then under E-mail, click Rules.
- Do any of the following:
|Edit or rename a rule
||Double-click the rule, and then make the changes that you want.
|Turn off a rule
||Clear the Enabled check box next to the rule.
|Delete a rule
||Click the rule, and then click Delete .
|Change the order in which the rules are run
Click a rule, and then click Move up or Move down .
Note Rules run in the order in which they appear in the list. The rule at the top of the list runs first.
Create a rule
The rule I created does not work