You can use Lync to exchange files with a contact who is online.
Note You can exchange files only with contacts within your corporate network.
Do any of the following:
Send a file
- In the conversation window, click , locate the file that you want, and then click Send.
- If you are behind a firewall, you might be unable to use Lync to send files to contacts outside the firewall. Also, network administrators can block sending and receiving files within an organization.
- You can also drag a file into the conversation window to send it.
Receive and open a file
When a contact wants to send you a file, a request will appear in the conversation window.
- To receive a file, click Accept.
Change the folder that stores received files
- On the Lync menu, click Preferences and then click General.
- Under Downloads, click Change.
- Select the folder that you want, and then click Open.
Communicate by using Instant Messages, Audio or Video Calls