You can start an unscheduled online meeting or conference call in Lync by using the Meet Now command. Unscheduled meetings are ideal when you have a document or topic to discuss that requires immediate attention.
Start an unscheduled meeting by using Meet Now
To start an unscheduled meeting by using the Meet Now command, do the following:
- In the Contacts window, click the Conversation menu, point to Meet Now, and then select how you want to meet.
- Invite contacts by using one of the following methods:
- Drag contacts from your Contacts list to the conversation window.
- From the menu, click Invite by Name or Phone Number and then select a contact.
- From the menu, click Send Email Invite.
Note When you Send Email Invite, participants can join the meeting as soon as they receive the meeting request and click on the Join online meeting link.
Join an online meeting
Schedule an online meeting