You can add contacts from your organization's global address list (GAL), from a Federated (federated: Two or more organizations that are linked by using Office Communications Server 2007. After you add a federated contact to your Contact List, you can communicate with the contact by using any communication mode that is available in both organizations.) network to Lync for Mac, or from the following networks: Windows Live or AOL. Windows Live IDs include all e‑mail accounts ending in "@live.com," "@hotmail.com," "@msn.com," and other accounts that are registered with Windows Live.
You can also delete or block a contact from your contact list.
Do any of the following:
Add a contact from the global address list
- Sign in to Lync.
- On the Contacts tab, in the Find a contact or dial a number search box, type the email address of the person who you want to add.
- When you see that contact in the search results, click the Add button next to the contact.
Add a contact from Windows Live, AOL, or a federated network
You can exchange instant messages with people who use these networks. You can also audio and video chat with your Windows Live contacts.
- Sign in to your corporate account.
- On the Contacts tab, in the Find a contact or dial a number search box, type the e-mail address of the person who you want to add.
- Click the Add button next to the contact.
Note When you add a contact who has a Windows Live, Hotmail, or AOL ID, the contact information is added to the Office Address Book. After a contact is in the Office Address Book, you can send e-mail to the contact from Outlook for Mac 2011.
Block a contact
When you block a contact, that person cannot see your online status or send you messages.
- Sign in to Lync.
- On the Contacts tab, select the contact that you want to block, and then on the Contact menu, click Block.
Note To unblock a blocked contact, select the contact, and then on the Contact menu, click Unblock.
Delete a contact
- Sign in to Lync
- Hold down CONTROL and click the contact in the contact list, and then click Remove from Contacts List.
- Click Delete.
Organize contacts with groups
View a contact card