Exercise 1: Schedule a typical meeting
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to practice scheduling a test online meeting. You can get the best experience for this exercise if you schedule a test meeting with a colleague and with someone outside your organization.
- Open Outlook, and then log on to Lync.
- Go to Calendar view in Outlook and select a time slot.
- Click New Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Double-check the Start and End time.
- Type a short meeting agenda above the dotted line and in the Subject line type Test Meeting.
- Invite a colleague from inside and outside your organization by adding their names to the To line.
- Click Send.
- Verify that the new meeting was successfully created on your calendar.
Note: When your participants join the meeting, colleague inside your organization will bypass the lobby, and those outside your organization will be directed to the lobby. To learn more about the Join meeting experience, see Joining a Lync 2010 Online Meeting.