You can show your entire desktop or just selected programs to everyone in a Lync Meeting. Keep in mind that you need to be a presenter in the meeting to share your screen. If the sharing option is grayed out, ask one of the presenters to give you presenter access (Click the People icon at the bottom of the meeting window. Then right-click an attendee’s name and click Make a Presenter.).
- Share your desktop when you have to switch between programs, or work on documents from different programs.
- Share a program when you want to present specific programs or documents, and you don’t want people to see anything else on your computer.
Share your desktop or a program
- At the bottom of the meeting window, pause on the presentation (monitor) icon.
- On the Present tab, do one of the following:
- Click Desktop to share the content on your desktop.
Important When you share your desktop, everyone in the meeting can see your programs, documents, and notifications. If you have confidential information or documents that you don’t want people to see, close them or use program sharing instead.
- Click Program, and select the program(s) or document(s) you want to share.
- On the sharing toolbar, at the top of the screen, use any of these options:
- Click Stop Presenting when you are done sharing your screen.
- Click the blue pin to hide the toolbar and have more space. To un-hide the toolbar, move the mouse to the top of the screen. When the sharing toolbar appears, use any of the controls or click the pin again to keep the toolbar visible.
Note While you are sharing, your Lync status changes to Presenting, and you won’t receive instant messages or calls.
If you want a meeting attendee to share their screen, give them presenter access (Click the People icon at the bottom of the meeting window. Then right-click an attendee’s name and click Make a Presenter.), so they can use the controls. If they don’t use Lync, they can still use Lync Web App to present. See Share your desktop and programs from Lync Web App for more information.
Share primary, secondary or all monitors
If you have more than one monitor, they all display on the Present tab, and you can choose which one to share. When you share All Monitors, the sharing toolbar opens on your primary monitor.
Give and take control of a sharing session
If you want another meeting participant to change a document, help you present, or demonstrate something, you can grant control to that person. You’ll both be in control of the sharing and you can take back control at any time.
- On the sharing toolbar, click Give Control.
- Select the name of the person you want to give control to.
Lync sends a notification to that person to let them know you’re sharing control.
- To take back control, click Give Control on the sharing toolbar again, and then click Take Back Control.
Tip You can enable people to automatically take control of your sharing session at any time, by clicking Give Control Automatically on the sharing toolbar. We recommend that you select this option only in small and casual meetings.
To take back automatic permission, click Give Control on the sharing toolbar, and clear Give Control Automatically.