You can set up Lync Meetings in Outlook, similar to how you schedule regular meetings. The meeting link and call-in numbers are automatically added to the meeting request.
- Open Outlook and go to your calendar.
- On the Outlook ribbon, click New Lync Meeting. Or you can open a regular meeting first, and then click Lync Meeting on the ribbon.
- Set up the meeting as you normally would, that is:
- In the To box, type the email addresses of your invitees.
- Type a Subject, and select the Start and End time.
- Type the agenda in the meeting area, but be careful not to change any of the Lync meeting information.
- (Optional) It’s also a good idea to check Scheduling Assistant to make sure you have the best time for the meeting.
You’re almost done. Just double-check the information and press Send.
Tip If you have both in-person and online attendees, you can run your Lync Meeting in a conference room. Click Room Finder in Outlook to find and add a conference room in the building you want. Or book the room separately, and add the room information in the Location box.
Scheduling a meeting with the default options, like we just did, is suitable for small, internal meetings, such as casual meetings with a few co-workers. If you have a meeting with people outside your company, or you’re scheduling a large event, change the meeting options before sending the invites, to better fit your meeting requirements. For more information about meeting options, see Set options for Lync Meetings.