Use the Telephone Conferencing Service if you want to use your conferencing service provider for the audio portion of the meeting. With this option, you can have the conferencing service call the meeting attendees or they can use their telephone to dial into the conferencing service.
To use Live Meeting phone conferencing, you need a phone conferencing account from your service provider. The information you need to configure your audio settings includes the following:
- Conferencing provider name.
- Access phone numbers.
- Leader and participant codes.
- Any special dialing keys that the Live Meeting service must use to call the conferencing provider automatically. These dialing keys are required to use the Internet Audio Broadcasting and to record meetings.
If you do not have a phone conferencing account, you must get one from your conference call provider before you can proceed. If you do not know who your conference call provider is, contact your Live Meeting account administrator.
Office Live Meeting 2007 Audio Partners
Microsoft has partnered with leading audio conferencing partners to enable audio integration for Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 Service. For more information on certified audio partners and key conferencing available through audio integration, see Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 Audio Conferencing Partners.
To use a telephone conferencing service for a meeting
- On the My Home page, under Meet, click Schedule Meeting.
- Click Meeting Options.
- On the Meeting Options page, click Audio.
- In the Audio for this meeting list, click Telephone conferencing.
- In the Conferencing provider list, do one of the following:
Select the phone conferencing options that you want to enable:
- If your conferencing provider is listed, select it in the list. This will allow you to use the Join Conference feature from the Live Meeting client, to have Live Meeting call your phone instead of dialing in.
- If your conferencing provider is not listed, select Other. You will not be able to use the Join Conference feature from the Live Meeting client, but Live Meeting will automatically display the conference phone numbers and participant code to all meeting participants.
Enter the correct toll and toll-free phone numbers for your phone conferencing account.
Enter the participant code and the leader code assigned to your phone conferencing account.
Enter any additional dialing keys required for automatically dialing your conferencing provider and joining a phone conference. In the first Actual dialing keys box, each comma creates a one-second delay, allowing Live Meeting to pause for the phone conferencing prompts to finish, such as “Please enter your participant code followed by the pound sign.” Live Meeting then sends the participant code. Type any dialing keys that should follow the participant code in the second Actual dialing keys box.
- Allow meeting participants to use "Join Conference" to have Live Meeting call their phone instead of dialing in. When this option is selected, meeting participants can click Join Conference in the Live Meeting client to have the conferencing service call their phone, rather than dialing in to the conference call themselves.
- Display the toll free phone number to meeting participants in the Live Meeting Client. Select this option to display the toll-free phone number that you are using in the Voice & Video pane or Meeting Information pane for all meeting participants to see.
- Display the toll phone number to meeting participants in the Live Meeting Client. Select this option to display the toll number you want to display in the Voice & Video pane or Meeting Information pane for all meeting participants to see.
Note These keys allow you to input the character string needed to allow the Live Meeting service to get past audio prompts from the phone conferencing service and join the call. Live Meeting then "listens" to the conference call in order to broadcast the call over the Internet (Internet Audio Broadcasting) or record the audio as part of recording the meeting.
- Click Save As Default to save the current meeting options as the defaults for future meetings.
- Do one of the following:
- To close the Meeting Options page, click OK.
- Or, click OK to set the meeting options for the current meeting and close the Meeting Options page.