Meet Now is a fast and easy way to hold a small, impromptu meeting. By default, the meeting will take place immediately. A Meet Now meeting on the Live Meeting service provides a persistent environment that is not deleted from Live Meeting Manager. Any content that you load into the meeting is available as long as it is not deleted manually or by expiration settings, so you can use your meeting as often and as spontaneously as you want. Unlike the Live Meeting service, a Meet Now meeting on Office Communications Server 2007 R2 is always a new meeting.
If you have installed the Office Live Meeting Add-in for Outlook, you can start a Meet Now meeting from within Microsoft Office Outlook.
To start a Meet Now meeting
- On the Conferencing menu or on the Outlook toolbar, click Meet Now.
Note If you configured both your Live Meeting service and Office Communications Server accounts, you have to specify which account the Meet Now meeting will be held on.
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting automatically opens and joins you to the Meet Now meeting. If you do not have the client installed on your computer, you will be prompted to install it.
To invite participants to your Meet Now meeting
When the meeting clients opens, an meeting request will open in Outlook.
- To add people to the invitation, do one of the following:
To send the invitation, click Send.
- In the To box, type the full e-mail addresses of the people whom you want to invite.
- Click To, and then select the invitees from your address book.