You can schedule meetings by using the Live Meeting manager. When you schedule meetings using the Live Meeting manager, you can either send e-mail invitations using the Live Meeting service or your e-mail program.
If you are using the Live Meeting service, you can also use the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook to schedule meetings.
Important: If you are using Office Communications Server, you can only schedule meetings using the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook.
To schedule a meeting and send invitations using the Live Meeting service
- Log on to the Live Meeting manager using your Live Meeting user login and password. This information, along with the URL for your Live Meeting conference center, is available from your Live Meeting account administrator.
- On the My Home page, in the Meet area, click Schedule Meeting.
- Click Attendees to select the attendees you want to invite from the Live Meeting address book, and then click Presenters to select the presenters you want to invite. For participants who do not appear in the address book, you can type each user’s full e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Attendees or Presenters box.
- Type the meeting title in the Subject box.
- Select the start and end dates and times.
- Click Time Zone to set the time zone.
- In the Occurrence box, click One Time (occurs once only), Recurring (occurs on a regular schedule with a specified end date), or Ongoing (no end date enforced).
- Click Audio to select the type of audio for your meeting.
- To override the default scheduled meeting options for this meeting only, click Meeting Options, and then make the necessary changes. For more information, see Setting Meeting Options.
- In the Message text box, type the custom message that you want to appear in the invitation.
- Do one of the following:
Click Send Invitations to begin preparing the e-mail invitations using your e-mail program.
On the Send Invitations page, do one of the following:
- Click Send Invitations using Live Meeting to send the invitations using the Live Meeting service.
- Or, click Send Invitations using your Email client to send the invitations using your e-mail program.
- If you use Outlook as your e-mail program, click Invite Attendees to open the e-mail invitation to Attendees in Outlook, and then click Send. Click Invite Presenters to open the e-mail invitation to Presenters in Outlook, and then click Send. When you have sent the e-mail messages to all participants, return to the Send Invitations page in Live Meeting manager, and then click Done.
- If you use an e-mail program other than Outlook, create a new e-mail message. Copy and paste the text in the To and Message boxes under Invite Attendees into the corresponding boxes in the e-mail message, and then send the e-mail. Create another new e-mail message. Copy and paste the text in the To and Message boxes under Invite Presenters into the corresponding boxes in the e-mail message, and then send the e-mail.
- When you have sent the e-mail messages to all participants, return to the Send Invitations page, and then click Done.
Allow a few minutes for the meeting invitations to arrive in the Inbox of each invitee. Live Meeting sends a separate meeting invitation to each of the presenters and attendees you invited. The invitation contains your personal message if you provided one, the standard Live Meeting greeting text set by your Live Meeting account administrator, and the meeting details that each participant needs in order to join the meeting. Invitees also receive a calendar item that they can add to their calendars.