Dial-in Conferencing is a new audio option for audio conferences that are hosted on Office Communications Server 2007 R2. The dial-in option provides a cost-efficient replacement for your company’s conferencing provider service. It also allows conference call attendees to join a Communicator conference call or a Live Meeting that uses Dial-in Conferencing for the audio by calling in from a phone or mobile device. The dial-in option can be used for scheduled Communicator conference calls or Live Meeting. With Dial-in Conferencing, members and non-members of your corporate network can join a conference call without the need for a conferencing provider.
Delegates can also schedule a Live Meeting or a conference call on behalf of their manager. For more information about delegation, see the, Allow someone else to manage your mail and calendar help topic.
Allow someone else to manage your mail and calendar
Install the Conferencing Add-in.
Before you can schedule a Communicator conference call or Live Meeting that includes support for Dial-in Conferencing, you must install or upgrade the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook. Remove any earlier versions of the Microsoft Office Live Meeting client and Conferencing Add-in. Also, ensure that Outlook is not running, and then install the recent version of the Conferencing Add-in.
To install the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook go to, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=140651.
For more information about how to install or update the Conferencing Add-in, contact your system administrator.
Configure Your Dial-in Conferencing Settings
To join a conference as Leader, Presenter, or authenticated caller, you must use a PIN to join the conference.
- To set up your PIN, in Outlook, click Conferencing, and then click Dial-in Conferencing Settings.
- On the home page, under Personal Identification Number (PIN), click Sign In.
- In the Language list, click your preferred language, and then click Sign In.
- On the Create New PIN page, click PIN or Change PIN, and type a number that meets the PIN requirements in the PIN text box, and then retype your new PIN in the Confirm PIN text box.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Join a Conference Call that Uses Dial-in Conferencing
If you are attending a Communicator conference call or a Live Meeting that uses Dial-in Conferencing for the audio, you will need the following access information to dial in from your phone:
- Conference dial-in number
- Conference ID
- Passcode, if one is required.
If you received an e-mail invitation to a Communicator conference call or a Live Meeting that uses Dial-in Conferencing, the audio information is included in the invitation under Audio Information.
To join as a conference Leader, Presenter, or authenticated caller you will also need:
Important Although you are not prompted to join the conference call as an authenticated caller, you still can, if you join before the leader joins, by entering your PIN and telephone extension number.
- Your personal identification number (PIN)
- Your telephone extension number
- Passcode, if one is required
Note If you accidentally selected the option to join as a leader or authenticated caller, press the * key to join as an anonymous caller.
Schedule a Communicator Conference Call
As soon as you have configured your Dial-in Conferencing settings, the default audio option for your Communicator conference calls will be Dial-in Conferencing.
- In Outlook, click Conferencing, and then click Schedule a Conference Call. Or, on the Outlook toolbar, click Schedule a Conference Call.
- In the Subject line, type your conference subject. On the To line, enter the e-mail addresses for your invitees, separating each address by using a semicolon
- To designate leaders, click Leaders, select the leaders, click Add to move them to the Leaders list, and then click OK.
- Click Audio to select the type of audio you want to use for you conference call.
- To allow participants to connect using a computer with a headset or microphone and speakers, click Use computer audio.
Note Participants will need a computer that has a headset or microphone and speakers to connect your conference call. If you have participants outside your corporate network it is best to use Dial-in Conferencing for your conference call.
- Or, to use Dial-in Conferencing click Use computer audio or dial in from any phone. Then, select the type of conference bridge that you want to use:
• If you the only leader and you want all your conferences to use the same dial-in information, click Use my assigned conference ID for each conference.
Important With this option, you cannot select other leaders for the conference. You are automatically the leader.
• If you want all your conferences to use unique dial-in information, click Use a new conference ID for each conference .
- Optionally, select the Require a passcode to join the conference check box. With this option, meeting participants that do not have a PIN are required to enter a conference ID and passcode to join the conference call.
- From the list, select the region for the local phone numbers, and then click OK.
- To change access control, click Permissions.
By default, anyone with the conference calling number and your conference ID can join your conference. If you want to restrict who can join your dial-in conference, configure the following advanced permissions when you schedule the conference:
• Choose Invite Within Network. To allow participants within or affiliated with your corporate network to join the meeting. The meeting participants can also forward the meeting invitation to other people within your organization.
• Choose Invite Within Network (Restricted). To allow participants who are invited only by you and who are within your organization or affiliated with your organization to join the meeting. The meeting invitation cannot be forwarded by other people.
• Choose Invite Anyone. To allow anyone to join the meeting. This is selected by default.
- When the meeting invitation is as you want it, on the Standard toolbar, click Send
To convert an Outlook meeting request to a Office Communicator conference call invitation
- In the Outlook Calendar, double-click the meeting to open the request form.
- On the Conferencing toolbar, click Conference Call.
- Follow the instructions above to finish scheduling the conference call.
To schedule a conference call on behalf of another person
- Open the other person's calendar and do one of the following:
Follow the instructions above to finish scheduling a conference call meeting.
- Select the date and time of the conference call, and then on the Conferencing toolbar, click Schedule a Conference Call.
- Convert an existing Outlook meeting to a conference call. Open the meeting request, and then on the Conferencing toolbar, click Schedule a Conference Call.
Demo: Dial-in Conferencing