Recording Converter for Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 is a tool for Office Live Meeting 2007 customers to convert recorded meetings in High Fidelity Presentation (HFP) format into single movie files. The converted movie files can be integrated with a customer's existing learning management system, and edited by using a video editing tool such as Windows Movie Maker, and then viewed on portable devices.
Recording Converter consists mainly of two components:
- Recording Converter Engine - Lm2move.exe that can be run as a command-line tool. The tool can be called in a script for batch processing.
- Graphical User Interface - Lm2movui.exe that provides users with an interactive user interface and calls the conversion engine from the background for conversion processing.
Major options that can be used when converting a recorded meeting include the following:
- Specify start and end time of a meeting to export part of a recorded meeting (command line only).
- Specify output video dimension.
- Specify video and content layout; supported options include:
- With panorama and webcam video – include all videos if applicable in the converted recording.
- No panorama video – exclude panoramic video in converted recording.
- No webcam video – exclude webcam video in converted recording.
- Without video – exclude both panorama and webcam video in converted recording.
- Specify the frame rate of output video files (command line only).
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher
Live Meeting Requirements: Live Meeting 2007
Application Requirements: .NET Framework 2.0, Windows Media Player 9 or higher
Recording Converter Setup: Run LM2Movie.msi to install Recording Converter. By default, Recording Converter is installed to C:\Program Files\Recording Converter for Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007.
Run Recording Converter
A shortcut is added to the Office Live Meeting 2007 program group. Click the shortcut to start Recording Converter.
Steps to convert a meeting recording to a WMV file:
- Specify the meeting you want to convert by browsing to the meeting folder and then selecting it by clicking the Browse button or by typing the path name of the meeting folder.
- Specify the path and file name of the output video by clicking the Browse button or typing the path and name directly.
- Choose a video dimension and specify whether or not to include videos in output using the check boxes.
- Click the Convert button to start the conversion.
- When conversion is successfully completed, you can start sharing, editing, or viewing the output video.
- To check or view the output video file, click the View Converted Recording button to open the folder where the output video is stored. The output video file is automatically selected. You can play back the output video file by double-clicking the file.
- If an error occurs during conversion, click the More Details link for an explanation of the error message.
Note The conversion time and file size of output video depend on the dimension you choose for the output video. The larger the video dimension, the longer the conversion time and the bigger the output video file. To reduce conversion time or output video file size, you can specify a smaller video dimension as appropriate.
Run Recording Converter in Command Prompt
LM2Movie.exe is the recording engine that you can run in a Command Prompt window. To run Recording Converter from a command prompt:
- Open a Command Prompt window by holding the Windows key and pressing R.
- Go to the folder where you installed Recording Converter.
- Type Lm2movie -? and press Enter to get the instructions and a list of options.
- Follow the instructions to convert your meeting recording to video.
To run lm2movie from any folder, you can add the folder where Recording Converter is installed to the PATH environment variable. You need to have administrator privileges to do this.
Tips and Supported Options
Recording Converter Engine or the command line supports more options than the graphical user interface. Options that are supported only by the command line include:
- Start time and end time.
- Frame rate.
Type LM2MOVIE -? at the command prompt to get a full list of options and their instructions, as shown below:
LM2Movie -m meeting_folder [-o output_file] [-w width] [-h height] [-l layout] [-s start_time] [-e end_time] [-f frame_rate]
-m Specify the path of the source folder for recorded meetings.
-o Specify the path and file name for output video file. If -o is not provided, the output video file is named using the meeting folder name and is stored in the same directory as the meeting folder.
-w Specify the width in pixels of the display for the output video; the supported range is 240-1920; the default value is 640.
-h Specify the height in pixels of the display for output video; the supported range is 240-1200; the default value is 480.
-l Specify the content layout for output video; supported layouts include:
AllVideo - include all content as well as webcam and panorama video (default).
NoPano - include all content except panoramic video in recording.
NoWebcam - include all content except webcam video in recording.
NoVideo - include all content except webcam and panoramic video in recording.
-s Specify the time in the recording to start exporting to video; use the format HH:MM:SS; the default is to start from the beginning of the recording.
-e Specify the time in the recording to end exporting to video; use the format HH:MM:SS; the default value is the end time of the recorded meeting.
-f Specify the frame rate for output video; the supported range is 5-30 frames per second. The default is 5 frames per second; animation may require a faster rate.
Run LM2Movie in Low Priority
Run LM2Movie in low priority to prevent LM2Movie from blocking your other tasks. Use start /Low LM2Movie to run LM2Movie in low priority.
Use of Converted Recording
To use the converted recording for specific purposes, you may need to use dedicated tools such as Windows Media Encoder and Windows Movie Maker to do transcoding or editing.
To view a converted recording on portable devices, we recommend that you use sync tools provided by the device vendor to transfer it to your device. Copying a converted recording directly to your device may not work because the converted recording is not optimized for viewing on specific devices.
The bit rate used for converting meeting recordings is chosen to ensure the best quality in output video. To share a converted recording using Windows streaming services, you need to further transcode it by using a dedicated tool based on your requirements.
Recording with Application Sharing
If you run Recording Converter on a computer where Live Meeting 2007 is not installed, application sharing contents in a meeting recording might not be exported. If this occurs, it is because the decoder that is required for exporting application or desktop sharing contents is not installed on your computer. Try to replay the meeting recording using Playback, and then run Recording Converter again. To replay the meeting recording using Playback, open the meeting folder and double-click ReplayMeeting.htm or Start.htm.
Convert HFP Recordings from Live Meeting Service
To convert HFP recordings that are stored on the Live Meeting service portal, download and unzip the recordings to your local disk, and then run Recording Converter against them. Conversion directly from Live Meeting service is not supported.
The following meeting metadata or contents are not supported:
- Flash as multimedia content.
- Shared Notes.
- Question and Answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download the Recording Converter for Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007.