Meeting organizers and presenters can enable recording for their meetings and allow you to save the recording to your Live Meeting service conference center or your computer. By default, a recorded presentation includes the slides shown at the meeting and content added during the meeting, such as questions and edited text slides. You can also choose to record the audio, video, and panoramic video. Meeting recordings are saved in the Windows Media Player format (.wma) and are stored on your Live Meeting conference center or on you computer.
Recordings are especially useful for people who cannot attend the meeting and might want to view it at a more convenient time. If recording is enabled for a meeting, you can begin recording at any time.
Before recording your meeting, choose whether you want to save your recording to your computer or your Live Meeting conference center (To Service) and what you want to record.
Important: You can only save a recording on your conference center (To Service) if you have a Live Meeting service account.
To record a meeting
- In the meeting client, click the Recording pane, and select the To My Computer tab or To Service tab, depending on where you will save your recording.
- Click Options, and in the Personal or Shared Recording Options dialog box, select what you what to record.
- If you are saving the recording to your computer, in the Personal Recording Options dialog box, click Change, and select where on your computer you want to save the recording.
- Do one of the following:
- To save your setting and record later, click OK.
- Or, to start recording, click Record.
To stop, pause, or save a recording
- In the Recording pane, click Pause or Stop.
- If you clicked Stop, to save the recording, in the Stop Recording dialog box, click Save Recording.
After you save a recording, it will be available within approximately 24 hours, depending on the content and duration of the recording.
To view a recording that is saved to your computer
- Click the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, and then click Microsoft Office Live Meeting Recording Manager.
- In the Live Meeting Recording Manager dialog box, under Recent Recording, right-click on the recording name, and then select Play.
To view a recording that is saved to your Live Meeting conference center (To Service)
- Log on to Live Meeting Manager.
- On the My Home page, under View, click Recordings.
- Under View recording, in the ID and Recording Key boxes, enter the recording ID and the recording key, respectively. By default, the recording key is the same as the meeting key. If the meeting did not require a meeting key, then by default no recording key is required.
Note The meeting organizer can change the recording key. In that case, you should receive a recording invitation from the meeting organizer regarding the change. If you are in a meeting where admission is controlled by using an Access Control List, you can log on to Live Meeting Manager and directly view the recording. If you receive an invitation by e-mail to view a recording, click the View Recording link in the invitation to view the recording.
To allow another person to view a recording that is saved on your computer
- Copy the recording files from your computer onto a network share.
- E-mail the link to the shared location to allow users to view the recording.