Before using the Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook, you must first configure the account for the Microsoft Office Live Meeting service or Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2:
To configure your Office Communications Server 2007 R2 account
- On the Conferencing menu, click Configure Accounts.
- In the User Account dialog box, under Office Communications Server,Sign-in name text box, type your sign-in name.
- Optional: Click Advanced to set Advanced Connection Settings.
- Optional: In the Advanced Connection Settings dialog box, select Use these servers. In the Internal Server name or IP address or External Server name or IP address text box, type the server name or the IP address of the Live Server to which you will connect.
- Optional: Choose the protocol that you will use by selecting Connect using: TCP or TLS. Select Use the following user name and password, and then type in your logon information.
- Optional: Click OK in the Advanced Connection Settings dialog box.
Note Information for the Advanced setting, along with your logon information, is available from your Live Meeting administrator
- In the User Accounts dialog box, select Test Connection to verify your logon information.
Important The settings for your Office Communications Server account are shared with Office Communicator 2007.
To configure your Live Meeting service account
- In Outlook, on the Conferencing menu, click User Accounts.
- In the User Account dialog box, under Live Meeting service, type the URL of your Internet portal or select I enter a user name and password to access my account, and then type in your logon information.
- Select Test Connection to verify your logon information.
Dial-in Conferencing is a new audio option for audio conferences that are hosted on Office Communications Server 2007 R2. The dial-in option provides a cost-efficient replacement for your company’s conferencing provider service. It also allows conference call attendees to join a Communicator conference call or a Live Meeting that uses Dial-in Conferencing for the audio by calling in from a phone or mobile device. The dial-in option can be used for scheduled Communicator conference calls or Live Meeting. With Dial-in Conferencing, members and non-members of your corporate network can join a conference call without the need for a conferencing provider.
To join a conference call as Leader, Presenter, or authenticated caller, you must use your PIN. Your PIN is set up when you configure your Dial-in Conferencing Settings.
To configure your Dial-in Conferencing Settings for Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- In Outlook, on the Conferencing menu, click Dial-in Conferencing Settings.
- On the Dial-in Conferencing page, under Personal Identification Number (PIN), click Sign In.
- Click Language, click your preferred language from the list, and then click Sign In.
- On the Create New PIN page, click PIN or Change PIN, and type a number that meets the PIN requirements in the PIN edit box, and then retype your new PIN in the Confirm PIN edit box.
- When you are finished, click Save.