The Trust Center is where you can find security and privacy settings for Microsoft Office programs. With the consistent appearance of the ribbon in Office programs, steps to find the Trust Center are the same for each program.
- In an Office program, click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
- The following list of options appears (some options may vary):
Click the area that you want and make selections you need.
- Trusted Publishers Build a list of publishers of code projects you trust.
- Trusted Locations Designate folders on your computer in which to place files you trust from reliable sources. Files in a trusted location folder do not go through File Validation.
- Trusted Documents Manage how Office programs interact with active content.
- Add-ins Select if add-ins require digital signatures, or if add-ins are disabled.
- ActiveX Settings Manage security prompts for ActiveX controls in Office programs.
- Macro Settings Enable or disable macros in Office programs.
- Message Bar Show or hide the Message Bar.
- File Block Settings Determine if previous versions of Office program files will open.
- Privacy Options Make selections that determine your level of privacy with Office programs.
Important Changing Trust Center settings can greatly reduce or increase the security of your computer, its data, data on your organization's network, and other computers on that network. We advise that you consult with your system administrator, or carefully consider the risks, before making Trust Center settings changes.
Top of Page