A simple way to distribute your form template is by publishing it to a shared network location that is accessible to your users. Your users can then create a form based on this form template from that network location.
To publish a form template to a shared network location, you just need a location on your network that your users can access. As soon as you complete the Publishing Wizard and tell your users the location of the form template, your users can then start creating forms based on your form template.
What do you want to do?
Before you begin
Before you publish your form template, you will need the following:
- The path to the network location where your form template will be published.
- Verify that your users have access to this network location.
- An alternate access path to the network location if you are publishing a form template with a Domain security level.
Top of Page
Publish a form template to a shared network location
- On the File menu, click Publish.
- In the Publishing Wizard, click To a network location, and then click Next.
- On the next page of the wizard, click Browse.
- In the Browse dialog box, browse to the shared network folder where you want to publish the form template, and then click OK.
- Type the name of the form template in the Form template name box, and then click Next.
- If you have an alternate path where users can go to get the file, such as a link in a Web page, type that alternate path in the box on the next page of the wizard. Otherwise, click Next. This step is required for templates with Domain security level.
- On the next page of the wizard, verify that the information shown is correct, and then click Publish.
- To send an e-mail message with the form and form template to your users, select the Send the form to e-mail recipients check box, and then click Close.
An e-mail message with the form in the message body will open for you to fill out and send to your users. If your users have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, they can fill out the form when they open the e-mail message. Users with earlier versions of Outlook or other e-mail applications will receive an e-mail message with the form and the form template attached. Users can open the form template attachment to install the form template on their computer. Then the users can open the form attachment and fill out the form in InfoPath.
Tip In the Introduction box in the e-mail message, type a reminder to your users to open only attachments to e-mail messages from a trusted sender.
Top of Page