When filling out a form, because the form template (form template: In InfoPath, a file or set of files that defines the data structure, appearance, and behavior of a form.) specifies the structure and placement of sections within the form, copied sections can only be pasted into rich text fields (rich text field: A field that can show formatting and graphics, such as an embedded object, and not just text.) or over similar sections.
When designing a form, you should be cautious when you copy and paste sections (particularly when moving controls from a non-repeating section to a repeating section) because doing so may create binding issues with the corresponding fields or groups.
- Point to the section of the form that you want to select until a dashed border appears around the section, and then click the section.
- When a section is selected, everything within the dashed border becomes shaded.
- Smaller sections can be located within larger sections. If you select a section that contains more items than you want to work with, adjust the pointer position to determine if a smaller section is available.
- Click the shortcut menu button that appears in the upper-left corner of the selected section, and then click Copy on the shortcut menu.
- If you want to copy the section to a different form, open that form.
- Click where you want to insert the section.
- On the Standard toolbar, click Paste .