You can change the horizontal alignment—left, center, or right—and the vertical alignment—top or bottom—of the contents of a table cell.
Note To align the contents of a control (control: A graphical user interface object, such as a text box, check box, scroll bar, or command button, that lets users control the program. You use controls to display data or choices, perform an action, or make the user interface easier to read.) that is in a table cell, in design mode, double-click the control, and then select the options that you want in the Control Properties dialog box.
Change the horizontal alignment of the contents of a table cell
- Select the cell or cells that contain the contents that you want to align.
- On the Standard toolbar, click Align Left , Center , Align Right , or Justify .
Change the vertical alignment of the contents of a table cell
- Right-click the cell or cells that contain the contents that you want to align, and then click Table Properties on the shortcut menu.
When filling out a form, this option may be unavailable for a table cell, depending on the design of the form.
- In the Table Properties dialog box, click the Cell tab.
- Under Vertical alignment, click the option that you want.