- Click the PivotTable report (PivotTable report: An interactive, crosstabulated Excel report that summarizes and analyzes data, such as database records, from various sources, including ones that are external to Excel.).
- On the Options tab, in the Data group, click Change Data Source, and then click Change Data Source.
The Change PivotTable Data source dialog box is displayed.
- Do one of the following:
- To use a different Microsoft Office Excel table or cell range, click Select a table or range, and then enter the first cell in the Table/Range text box.
Alternatively, click Collapse Dialog to temporarily hide the dialog box, select the beginning cell on the worksheet, and then press Expand Dialog .
- To use a different connection, click select a Use an external data source, and then click Choose Connection.
The Existing Connections dialog box is displayed.
- In the Show drop-down list at the top of the dialog box, select the category of connections for which you want to choose a connection or select All Existing Connections (which is the default).
- Select a connection from the Select a Connection list box, and then click Open.
Note If you choose a connection from the Connections in this Workbook category, you will be reusing or sharing an existing connection. If you choose a connection from the Connection files on the network or Connection files on this computer category, the connection file is copied into the workbook as a new workbook connection, and then used as the new connection for the PivotTable report.
For more information, see Manage connections to data in a workbook.
- Click OK.