|2003 version of the following Microsoft Office 2003 programs: Access 2003, Excel 2003, FrontPage® 2003, InfoPath® 2003, OneNote® 2003, Outlook® 2003, PowerPoint® 2003, Publisher 2003, and Word 2003
2002 version of the following Microsoft Office XP programs: Access 2002, Excel 2002, FrontPage® 2002, Outlook® 2002, PowerPoint® 2002, Publisher 2002, and Word 2002
2000 version of the following Microsoft Office 2000 programs: Excel 2000, FrontPage® 2000, Outlook® 2000, PowerPoint® 2000, and Word 2000
To obtain a new product key for your Office program in the United States, call 1-800-936-5700 and speak to a Microsoft customer service representative. Outside of the United States, call the number that appears in the activation wizard.
When you call Microsoft for a new Office product key, have the following items available for the customer service representative:
- The product CD-ROM
- The computer on which you want to install Office
- The readable parts of your original product key (if available)
- The ProductID information in the registry
How do I find the ProductID?
If you use the Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using the Registry Editor incorrectly. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on the computer.
- Quit all programs that run on Microsoft Windows.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit and then click OK.
- Expand the registry to the following location:
- Under Uninstall, there may be several globally unique identifiers (GUID) that contain long names (a combination of alphanumeric characters). Each GUID is specific to a program that is installed on your computer.
Select a GUID and then view the DisplayName in the right pane. If the DisplayName is not your Office program, continue to the next GUID. After you find the GUID that contains your Office program, find the ProductID key and make a note of the Data column value.
Note The ProductID for your version of Office may not appear in the Office GUID on your computer. Inform the customer service representative that the ProductID is not available.