You might get this error when you try to install Office 2013 or Office 365.
We found a problem. There is a pre-release or Beta version of an Office product on your computer. Please uninstall any pre-release Office software using the Programs and Features item in your Control Panel and try installing again.
To fix this issue, first, uninstall your current Office installation from Control Panel.
For a Windows 7 PC
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Choose the Office suite, and then click Uninstall.
For a Windows 8 PC
- With a mouse, move your pointer into the upper-right or lower-right corner, and then move it up or down to click Search.
With touch, swipe in from the right edge, and then tap Search.
- Type Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Apps.
- Tap or click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Choose the Office suite, and then tap or click Uninstall.
If you need more help with uninstalling Office, you can check out Uninstall Office 2013 or Office 365.
OK, now that you’ve uninstalled the pre-release version of Office, you can go ahead and install the release version of Office.
- Go to http://office.microsoft.com/myaccount.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account you used to buy Office to go to the My Account page.
- Click Install.