Choose your billing market:
Office 365 Government
Modernize your productivity infrastructure on your own terms
The best choice for government organizations with advanced IT requirements that want the flexibility to move to the cloud at their own pace.
Get the enterprise-grade communication and productivity services you want with the power and flexibility your organization requires.
Business-class email, document sharing, and web meetings
Office Web Apps
Access Office documents with the latest browsers across your devices
IT flexibility and control
A unified admin experience, migration on your terms, and new app tools
Experience Office virtually anywhere
Provide users with the Office applications they know, optimized for their devices, so they can work their best wherever they happen to be.
Watch how to work with files across your devices.
- Get Office fast. With the new streaming Office, you don't have to wait for Office installs or stop working to receive Office updates. Plus, the new Office can be installed side by side with previous versions of Office.
- Roaming settings. Your recent documents, settings, and custom dictionaries follow your Microsoft account, so you can quickly pick up where you left off from any device.
- Office Web Apps. Enhanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps let you work across devices, right from a browser. Users can work on the same document together, simplifying version management.
Stay connected to your organization
Simplify the way you work together with powerful communication tools.
Watch how Office 365 makes it easy to connect with people.
- Hold multi-party HD meetings. Work together anywhere with conferencing that includes advanced sharing, note taking, and annotations.
- Keep people connected. Connect even more easily with a unified contact card that brings together SharePoint, Facebook, and LinkedIn updates and lets you start an IM, call, or video chat with just a click.
- Provide business intelligence for everyone. Analyze large data sets with lightning-fast performance with Power Pivot in Excel, and create visual dashboards for key insights with the new Power View.
Run it the way you want
Reduce your IT overhead and stop patching servers. Office 365 gives you highly configurable administration, industry-leading anti-malware and anti-spam protection, and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, so you can spend more time managing your organization.
- Unified admin experience. Easily manage Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync services from any browser, while still having advanced PowerShell commands available for automating management tasks.
- Migrate on your terms. Stream the latest version of Office and run it side by side with a previous Office version while users transition. You can also connect on-premises servers, to migrate to Office 365 on your timeframe.
- Take advantage of new apps. With the new cloud app model you can build scalable, flexible cloud apps that integrate with users' documents. The new corporate catalog app helps you manage apps in your organization.
All Office 365 E plans for government include:
|Email and calendars
Use business-class email through a rich and familiar Outlook experience you can access from your desktop1 or from a web browser using Outlook Web App. Get a 50 GB mailbox per user and send attachments up to 25 MB.
||Host online meetings with audio and video using one-click screen sharing and HD video conferencing.
||Connect with others via instant message and let people know your availability with your online status.
|File storage and sharing
||SkyDrive Pro gives users 25 GB of personal storage that syncs with their PC for offline access. Easily share documents with others through Office or SharePoint.
Work together on projects with team sites that help keep related documents, notes, tasks, and conversations organized together.
|Office Web Apps
Create and edit2 Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from any modern browser.
Sync email, calendar, and contacts; access SharePoint sites; view and edit Office documents with Office Web Apps using a browser on Windows Phone, iOS, and Android devices.
|Apps for Office and SharePoint
New third-party and customer-developed apps work with Office and SharePoint to bring web services right into your documents and sites.
The admin portal provides IT detailed configuration options for your services, either from an online portal or through automated management with PowerShell commands.
||Get peace of mind knowing your services are available with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement (SLA).
Cutting-edge security practices with five layers of security and proactive monitoring help keep customer data safe.Watch an overview of Office 365 security.
||Your data belongs to you. Microsoft does not scan emails or documents for advertising purposes.
|Up to date
||No need to pay for version upgrades; updates are included in your subscription. New features are rolled out to Office 365 customers in an IT-configurable experience.
||24/7 phone support for all IT issues. For less urgent issues, you can make service requests directly through the admin portal.
Some Office 365 for government plans also include:
|Office suite included
||Always have the latest versions of:
- Capture your ideas however you work best—using a keyboard, pen, or a touchscreen.
- Easily format information in Excel with tools that recognize your pattern and auto-complete data.
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs to create your own great-looking Word documents.
|Office on more devices
||Access, edit, and view Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on iPhones, Android phones, and Windows Phones. Use the OneNote, OWA, Lync Mobile, and SharePoint Newsfeed apps on most devices.
|Office on any PC
||Stream full versions of Office programs on any Internet-connected PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8 with Office on Demand.
|Advanced email capabilities
||Use archiving and legal hold capabilities, plus unlimited storage, for compliance needs. And use data loss prevention (DLP) policies for additional compliance enforcement.
|Voicemail integration (Unified Messaging)
||Hosted voicemail support with auto-attendant capabilities. Voicemails are recorded to Exchange Online and users can access them from Outlook, Outlook Web App, or a compatible mobile phone.
|Advanced business intelligence tools
Get the insight you need fast with interactive dashboards with Full Excel Services. Perform big data analyses and data visualization mash-ups with the new Excel client with Power Pivot and Power View.
Watch how easy it is to work with data and share it.
Watch how easy it is for users to gather and interpret data.
Plans that do not include the desktop version of Office work with the latest version of Office, Office 2010, Office 2007 (with slight limited functionality), Office 2011 for Mac, and Office 2008 for Mac.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. If you purchase an Office 365 subscription with the same number of user accounts you created by the end of your free trial, the information and configuration for these users' accounts will remain intact. Once your free trial expires, you won't be able to continue using Office 365 for free. You will have an additional 30 days to purchase Office 365 before your account information is erased. Once your trial account information has been erased, it cannot be retrieved.
Microsoft experts are trained IT and development companies that can help you move to Office 365 or develop custom solutions for your business. You can find a listing of all of our Microsoft experts in Microsoft Pinpoint.
One of the Office 365 for government plans (E3) includes the latest desktop version of Office, which delivers the best experience for your employees and makes it easy for IT to manage deployment and upgrades. For the Office 365 plans that do not come with the latest desktop version of Office, Office 365 supports Office 2010, Office 2007 (with slightly limited functionality), and Office 2011 for Mac, so you can take advantage of the rich Office 365 cloud services such as business-class email, HD video conferencing, and file sharing.
Internet access is required to install and activate all Office 365 plans and to manage your subscription account. Internet connectivity is also required to access Office 365 cloud productivity services, including email, conferencing, IT management, and other services.
Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Office, for example, Office 365 Small Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise E3. One of the benefits of having the desktop version of Office applications is that you can work offline and have the confidence that the next time you connect to the Internet all your work will automatically sync, so you never have to worry about your documents being up to date. Your desktop version of Office is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the Internet, so you always have the latest tools to help you work. Compare Office 365 plans.
Find out more
"For years, our IT staff has focused on ensuring that things work, not on how people use them. Because we are a consumer of Office 365, we can change the ratio of our services."
Deputy Commissioner (OET) and Chief Technology Officer, State of Minnesota
Power BI for Office 365
Easily gain and share insights from your data in Excel and Office 365 with powerful self-service business intelligence tools.