What are these new tools?
The Microsoft Office and Server & Tools teams are proud to announce the introduction of two great new tools for application building and Web authoring in 2006:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007: Automate your business processes and build efficient applications on top of the SharePoint platform, and tailor your SharePoint site to your needs in an IT-managed environment.
- Microsoft Expression Web: Take advantage of the best of dynamic Web site design, enabling you to design, develop, and maintain exceptional standards-based Web sites.
These two new products will join the recently launched Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, the next-generation tool for developers, to deliver a complete set of instruments for application building and Web authoring.
When will they be available to the public?
Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 and Microsoft Expression Web are partially based on FrontPage technologies and will be launched in the second half of 2006. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition were successfully launched in 2005.
Which tool is for you?
- Use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 if you are a solution creator and content author working using SharePoint technologies. SharePoint Designer 2007 will enable information workers to develop applications and solutions on top of the SharePoint platform to enable organizational agility, business process automation, and get the full value of Microsoft Office applications on the SharePoint platform.
- Use Microsoft Expression Web if you are a professional Web designer. It is a professional design tool to create sophisticated standards-based Web sites that deliver compelling user experiences. Microsoft Expression Web is targeted at designers who are building broad reach HTML Web sites.
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 if you are a Web developer. Visual Studio 2005 is aimed at professional developers and enables them to build high performance, robust, and enterprise ready Web applications with ASP.NET 2.0.
- Hobbyists and enthusiasts can also get Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition which is a new, easy to use, and easy to learn development for building Web sites.
Where do you find more information on the new Microsoft Web authoring tools?
Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
Microsoft Expression Web
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
What happened to FrontPage?
After nine years of being an award-winning Web authoring tool, FrontPage will be discontinued in late 2006. We will continue to serve the diverse needs of our existing FrontPage customers with the introduction of these three brand-new application building and Web authoring tools using the latest technologies, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 for the enterprise information workers, Microsoft Expression Web for the professional Web designer and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for the Web developer.