Now you can try publishing in a practice session. To complete this practice session, you need the following:
- An account at a hosting company that supports FTP.
- The information explained in the previous lesson: FTP host name, FTP directory (if provided), correct spelling of your home page file, user name, password, and disk space limitations.
- If applicable: Information from your IT department or network administrator about installing special software that will let you publish beyond the firewall.
Important Although this is a practice session, you will actually publish a Web site to your hosting company's Web server. If you are not comfortable publishing to the Web at this time, feel free to skip this practice session and return to it when you are ready.
About the practice session
When you click Practice in FrontPage, a practice Web site will download to your computer and open in FrontPage, and a separate window with practice instructions will appear alongside (see picture).
Note You need to have FrontPage 2003 installed on your computer.
- If the practice instructions aren't visible, or if they disappear when you click in FrontPage, click the FrontPage Help taskbar button and then click the Auto Tile button in the upper-left corner of the instructions.
- If the practice instructions cover up FrontPage, click the Auto Tile button in the upper-left corner of the instructions.
Before you begin
Make sure to close FrontPage if it is already running.
Start the practice
Click the Practice in FrontPage button now.