|Microsoft Office FrontPage® 2003
The Microsoft Windows® SharePoint™ Services Quick Launch bar appears on the home page of a SharePoint site. It contains links to featured lists and libraries on the site.
You can choose which lists and libraries appear on the Quick Launch bar from the settings pages for the list or library. However, by using a Web site editor such as Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 compatible with Windows SharePoint Services you can change the order of links, add or remove links without going to the list or library, and add or remove sections. You can even add links to pages outside of the site.
Behind the scenes, the Quick Launch bar is a table with cells for section headings (such as Documents and Lists). Under each section cell is a link bar cell that contains links to each page (such as document libraries or lists) in the section. By using FrontPage, you can edit these cells to customize the Quick Launch bar more extensively than you can in Windows SharePoint Services.
Change the Quick Launch bar in FrontPage
- In FrontPage, on the File menu, click Open Site.
- In the Site Name field, enter the URL of the Windows SharePoint Services site with the Quick Launch bar that you want to edit, and then click Open.
- On the Web Site tab, double-click default.aspx to open the home page for the site.
- Do any of the following:
Change the order of the links in the Quick Launch bar
- On the home page for the site, right-click the section of the Quick Launch bar that you would like to edit, and then click Link Bar Properties.
- Select the link that you want to move, and then click either Move up or Move down.
- Repeat the previous step for any other links that you want to move.
- Click OK.
Add or remove Quick Launch bar links
- On the home page for the site, right-click the section of the Quick Launch bar that you want to edit, and then click Link Bar Properties.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a link, click Add Link and enter the link text and address in the Add to Link Bar window.
You can use the URL of a page, such as a list or library, on the site, or enter the URL of a page outside the site.
- To remove a link, click the link, and then click Remove Link.
- Click OK.
Add a section to the Quick Launch bar
- On the home page for the site, select the section cell and the link bar cell below where you want to add a new section.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Without changing the cells that you've selected, on the Edit menu, click Paste.
The two new cells are placed above the previously selected cells.
- In the topmost of the two cells you added, type the name of the new section.
- Right-click the lower cell you added, and then click Link Bar Properties.
- On the General tab, click Create new.
- Type a name for the new link bar in the space provided, and then click OK.
- Click Add Link.
- Enter the link text and URL for the link, and then click OK.
- Repeat the previous two steps for any additional links that you want to create.
Remove a section from the Quick Launch bar
- On the home page for the site, select the rows in the Quick Launch bar that you want to delete, and then, on the Table menu, click Delete Rows.
Note You can also edit the Quick Launch graphic that appears beside the link bar by double-clicking on it in FrontPage and then editing the text in the window that appears.