To add a Microsoft Office Word 2003 document to your Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Web site, you must first import the document into your FrontPage Folder List, then link to it from your Web page, and then publish your Web site.
To import a Word document into your FrontPage Folder List, see Import a Word document into a FrontPage 2003 Folder List.
When site visitors click the hyperlink, they will be able to open the Word document or save it to their desktop.
Note Visitors must have Word or the Microsoft Office Word Viewer installed on their computer in order to view the Word document.
- If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.
If the Folder List command is unavailable
- Open the Web page from which you want to link the Word document.
- Select the text or the picture that you want to use as the hyperlink.
Note If you do not select text or a picture, the destination URL (Uniform Resource Locator (URL): An address that specifies a protocol (such as HTTP or FTP) and a location of an object, document, World Wide Web page, or other destination on the Internet or an intranet, for example: http://www.microsoft.com/.) is displayed as the hyperlink text.
- On the Standard toolbar, click Insert Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.
- Select the Word file that you imported into your FrontPage Web site, and then click OK.