- In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design .
- Do one or both of the following:
Add a text area
- Click in the form or page where you want to add the text area.
- On the Insert menu, point to Form, and then click Text Area.
Note If you have not started with a form, by default, Microsoft FrontPage creates a form area with Submit and Reset buttons and inserts the field inside that form area. If FrontPage does not automatically create a form area, the default setting has been changed, and you can reset it.
- On the Tools menu, click Page Options, and then click the General tab.
- Locate and select the Automatically enclose form fields within a form check box.
- Next to the text area box, type the label for that box.
Set the properties of a text area