PowerPivot for Excel 2010 is a data analysis tool that delivers unmatched computational power directly within the software users already know and love—Microsoft Excel.
With this add-in to Excel, you can transform mass quantities of data with significant speed into meaningful information to get the answers you need.
You can easily share your findings with others. PowerPivot can even help your IT department improve operational efficiencies through SharePoint-based management tools.
Note: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 is available as a free Web download at www.powerpivot.com.
Empower your insight and decision making
- Leverage familiar Excel features that your users already know, such as the Office Fluent user interface, PivotTables, PivotCharts, and slicers.
- Process millions of rows with about the same performance as one thousand rows and make the most of multi-core processors and gigabytes of memory for fastest processing of calculations through the in-memory business intelligence (BI) engine.
- Integrate data from a multitude of sources, including corporate databases, spreadsheets, reports, text files, and Internet data feeds.
- Interactively explore, analyze, and create analyses without depending on expert knowledge and special training by using native Excel 2010 functionality such as PivotTables, slicers, and other familiar analysis features.
- Import continuously changing data with the same ease and simplicity as an RSS feed by using the standard Atom format and keep that data current automatically.
- Go beyond standard Excel Expressions capabilities and use Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) to perform powerful data manipulations. Follow relationships between tables as in a database, define calculated columns and measures, and aggregate over billions of rows.
Share and collaborate with confidence
- Publish data models and workbook applications to SharePoint to make them available to others virtually anytime and from any location.
- Access your workbook applications directly in the browser without having to download the workbooks with all their data to every workstation.
- Enjoy an attractive user interface in SharePoint, browsing at its best, and the same performance and features as in the Excel client.
- Benefit from all available SharePoint features, such as role-based security, workflows, and version control.
- Automatically refresh reports to include up-to-date data from multiple sources.
- Reuse published workbook applications as data sources in new analysis solutions.
Increase your company’s IT efficiency
- Balance the need for self-service BI and IT oversight in a managed self-service BI offering that empowers your users through familiar Office applications and your IT administrators through efficient management tools.
- Monitor user-generated activities and shared applications through an IT operations dashboard in SharePoint.
- Track patterns of resources usage to help ensure that user-generated solutions and are up-to-date continuously available with adequate performance.
- Give back control of BI applications to their consumers by taking advantage of the SharePoint security model and advanced security technologies integrated into SharePoint.
- Discover solutions that become mission-critical through organic growth and apply tailored management practices for operations.
Install the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta today, and then download PowerPivot for Excel 2010 to get the most out of using Excel.
See also: Find more about Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel