Power BI for
Self-service Business Intelligence
for all your data
Get complete self-service BI for your on-premises and cloud-based data by using the new data discovery and analysis features in Excel with the collaboration capabilities in the new Power BI for Office 365 online service.
Power BI for Office 365 provides everyone with powerful new ways to work with data in Excel and Office 365. Easily search, discover, and access data within and outside your organization and, with just a few clicks, shape and transform data. Analyze and create stunning interactive visualizations that uncover hidden insights to share and collaborate from anywhere, on any device.
Discover, analyze, and visualize with Excel
Excel delivers powerful, intuitive capabilities for self-service BI.
Easily discover and connect to data with Power Query. New capabilities such as online search return relevant data sets from across your organization and from valuable public data sources, which you can transform and combine for easier analysis.
- Search and access public data and your organization’s data.
- Clean, transform, and merge data from multiple sources.
Power Pivot in Excel brings the power of in-memory analytics and flexible modeling. Create powerful analytical models in a familiar and flexible environment for fast manipulation and processing of large data sets.
- Perform lightning-fast analytics with in-memory technology.
- Create relationships, custom measures, hierarchies, and KPIs.
See your data in new ways with bold interactive visualizations in Excel. Explore geospatial data with Power Map, or bring together data, charts, and graphs into a single dynamic view with Power View.
- Bring your data to life with stunning interactive data visualizations.
- Add depth to your analyses with 3D geospatial analysis.
- Present with interactive data views and tours.
Collaborate and stay connected
Share insights about your data, find answers, and stay connected from anywhere with the web-based and mobile capabilities of Power BI for Office 365.
Quickly create collaborative Power BI sites for your team to share live reports and custom data sets. Manage important data for the team and track usage to see who’s accessing the data and what data sets are most often used.
- Create Power BI Sites to share live interactive reports.
- Share and manage data sets for others.
- Control and monitor data usage.
Ask questions and get back instant answers with the new Q&A feature that uses natural language query technology to provide you with immediate answers in the form of interactive charts and graphs based on the questions you type into the speech bubble.
- Ask questions in the Q&A speech bubble.
- Get instant answers as the system generates charts and graphs.
Stay connected with mobile access to your favorite live and interactive reports, from anywhere, on any device.
- Browse Excel and Power View reports with HTML 5.
- Stay connected with the touch-optimized Power BI mobile app.
In the cloud, on your terms
Get started quickly with a self-service BI solution running in the Microsoft cloud, enterprise grade with enhanced security.
Power BI for Office 365 is a cloud-based service that’s easy to set up, so you can start collaborating with colleagues right away through a trusted service from Microsoft.
- Dramatically lower setup time, cost, and complexity.
- Pay as you go, with no hardware requirements.
The reports you share through Power BI in Office 365 are refreshable to ensure that you have the latest view of the data. The Data Management Gateway allows your IT department to enable data refresh from Office 365 to your favorite on-premises data sources.
- Refresh your data on demand or define a schedule.
- Control and manage data connections.
As your service provider, we employ state-of–the-art practices around privacy and security because we care deeply about the valuable data you store in our service. Deploy an enterprise grade solution running in the Microsoft cloud.
Microsoft Business Intelligence: