If the first row (row 1) or column (column A) is not displayed in the worksheet, it is a little tricky to unhide it because there is no easy way to select that row or column. You can select the entire worksheet, and then unhide rows or columns (Home tab, Cells group, Format button, Hide & Unhide command), but that displays all hidden rows and columns in your worksheet, which you may not want to do. Instead, you can use the Name box or the Go To command to select the first row and column.
- To select the first hidden row or column on the worksheet, do one of the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find & Select, and then click Go To. In the Reference box, type A1, and then click OK.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format.
- Do one of the following:
- Under Visibility, click Hide & Unhide, and then click Unhide Rows or Unhide Columns.
- Under Cell Size, click Row Height or Column Width, and then in the Row Height or Column Width box, type the value that you want to use for the row height or column width.
Tip The default height for rows is 15, and the default width for columns is 8.43.