|Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Microsoft Excel 97, 2000, and 2002
When you're in the process of changing your career and interviewing for other positions, Excel can help you keep track of career opportunities and job search information.
Use a template to log job contacts, interviews, and career information
To keep a log of job contacts, interviews, and career information, you can take advantage of the Job Search Log template, which was designed in Excel to do just this. The template provides the following worksheets (worksheet: The primary document that you use in Excel to store and work with data. Also called a spreadsheet. A worksheet consists of cells that are organized into columns and rows; a worksheet is always stored in a workbook.):
- Networking Contacts, which provides columns for keeping track of your acquaintances and their contact information.
- Interviews, which provides columns for storing interview-related information, such as interview dates and names, phone numbers, and addresses of interviewers.
- Career Web Sites, which provides columns for keeping track of Web sites you use to post your resume.
Download the template
To download this template, use the link under See Also, on this page. When the template preview appears, click Download Now and follow the instructions on the screen.
After you download the template, it opens in Excel. Because the template was downloaded to a temporary folder on your hard drive, it's a good idea to save it to a folder you want to use for templates. On the File menu, click Save As, click the folder you want in the Save in box, and then click Save.
About Template Help
Information on using the template is available in the Template Help task pane on the right side of the screen. In the task pane, click Using This Template.
- To display template Help when it's not visible, click Microsoft Excel Help on the Help menu. In the task pane, click the Excel Help title bar, and then click Template Help.
- If template Help was replaced with an Excel Help topic, simply click the Back button to return to the Template Help task pane.