|Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Microsoft Excel 97, 2000, and 2002
Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003 is the solution for you, if:
- You want to view or print an Excel workbook and you do not have Excel installed.
- You want to distribute an Excel workbook and be sure that people who don't have Excel installed will be able to view it.
Available free of charge to anyone, Excel Viewer can be used to open, view, and print Excel workbooks. Download and install Excel Viewer from the Download Center on Office.com.
Note Excel Viewer 2003 is a replacement for Excel Viewer 97 and previous Excel Viewer versions.
What you can do with Excel Viewer
If you don't have Excel installed, you can use Excel Viewer to do the following:
- Open a workbook for viewing Excel Viewer can open these Excel file formats: .xls, .xlt, .xlc, .xlm, and .xlw.
- View a worksheet You can scroll to view the different parts of a worksheet.
- Work with the data You can select, search for, and filter (filter: To display only the rows in a list that satisfy the conditions you specify. You use the AutoFilter command to display rows that match one or more specific values, calculated values, or conditions.) data. You can even copy the data to another program. However, without Excel installed, you won't be able to edit the data and save the changes that you make.
- Print a worksheet You can specify the data that you want to print and set the print options to print any worksheet data, just as you would in Excel.
To get more information about using Excel Viewer after you have installed and started the program, click the Online Excel Viewer Help command on the Help menu, which is available when you are connected to the Internet.
Tip If you plan to work offline, you can click Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003 Help in the See Also section of this article. Then click Show All in the upper-right corner of the Help topic and print it for future reference.
How you can distribute Excel Viewer to others
When you send a workbook to people who do not have Excel installed, you can include a pointer to the Excel Viewer download page on Download Center on Office.com.
You can also distribute Excel Viewer 2003 along with your Excel workbooks. For more information about distributing Excel Viewer 2003, click LICENSE TERMS FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE in the See Also section of this article.