Set the direction of the current worksheet
- Do one of the following:
- Press or release the Sheet Right-To-Left button.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, click the International tab, and select or clear the View current sheet right-to-left check box.
Set the direction for new workbooks and worksheets
- Click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the International tab.
- Do one of the following in the Right-to-left option group.
Change the direction of a chart
When right-to-left editing is enabled in Microsoft Excel, and the default orientation for new charts is right-to-left, charts are automatically configured with a right-to-left view. This means that the horizontal (category) axis origin and the vertical (value) axis appear to the right side of the chart, and the chart legend appears to the left of the chart.
You can manually move chart objects to a position that supports the direction (direction: Specifies the reading order, alignment, and/or visual appearance of right-to-left text and documents, regardless of the keyboard language. Direction also describes how the user interface, controls, and other screen objects are oriented.) you are trying to achieve — for example, to change a left-to-right (left-to-right: Refers to keyboard settings, document views, user interface objects, and the direction in which text is displayed. English and most other European languages are left-to-right languages.) chart to a right-to-left chart, do the following:
- Click the horizontal (category) axis to select it, then right-click the axis and click Format Axis on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Scale tab and select the Categories In Reverse Order option. The horizontal (category) axis origin and the vertical (value) axis appear at the right side of the chart.
- Click the legend border to select it, then right-click the border and click Format Legend on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Placement tab and select Left in the Placement group. The chart legend will appear to the left of the chart.