If you frequently print a specific section of your worksheet, you can set a print area for it. That way, when you print your worksheet, only that section will print.
- Select the cells you want to print.
Tip To set multiple print areas, hold down the Ctrl key and click the areas you want to print. Each print area prints on its own page.
- Click Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area.
- To see all the print areas to make sure they’re the ones you want, click View > Page Break Preview.
When you save your workbook, the print area is saved too.
If you want to print the entire worksheet, instead of specific print areas, see Clear a print area.
Add cells to a print area
You can enlarge the print area by adding adjacent cells. If you add cells that aren’t adjacent to the print area, Excel creates a new print area for those cells.
- On the worksheet, select the cells that you want to add to the print area.
- Click Page Layout > Print Area > Add to Print Area.
For more information on printing in Excel, see Print a worksheet or workbook.